Academic Software License Agreement
The bioinformatics department of Conservatoire National des Arts et Metiers (CNAM) has developed a new algorithm for a faster computation of haplotypes, which is used in the ISHAPE software. This algorithm and its applications are under copyrgight. The Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers (CNAM), Prof. Jean-François ZAGURY and his group of the bioinformatics department (the developers), give permission for you and your laboratory (Institution) to use ISHAPE. CNAM and the developers allow researchers at your Institution to copy and modify ISHAPE for internal, non-profit research purposes, on the following conditions:
1. The ISHAPE software remain at your Institution and is not published, distributed, or otherwise transferred or made available to other than Institution employees and students involved in research under your supervision.
If you wish to obtain ISHAPE for any commercial purposes or for diffusion through the internet, you will need to execute a separate licensing agreement with CNAM and pay a fee. This includes, but is not limited to, using ISHAPE to provide services to outside parties for a fee. In that case please contact :
Tel : 33 1 58 80 88 20
Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
2. You retain in ISHAPE and any modifications to ISHAPE, the copyright, trademark, or other notices pertaining to ISHAPE as provided by CNAM.
3. You provide the developers with feedback on the use of ISHAPE in your research, and that the Developers and CNAM are permitted to use any information you provide in making changes to the ISHAPE software. All bug reports and technical questions shall be sent to:
4. You acknowledge that the developers, CNAM and its licensees may develop modifications to ISHAPE that may be substantially similar to your modifications of ISHAPE, and that the developers, CNAM and its licensees shall not be constrained in any way by you in CNAM's or its licensees' use or management of such modifications. You acknowledge the right of the developers and CNAM to prepare and publish modifications to ISHAPE that may be substantially similar or functionally equivalent to your modifications and improvements, and if you obtain patent protection for any modification or improvement to ISHAPE you agree not to allege or enjoin infringement of your patent by the Developers, CNAM or by any of CNAM's licensees obtaining modifications or improvements to ISHAPE from the CNAM or the Developers.
5. If utilization of the ISHAPE software results in outcomes which will be published, please specify the version of ISHAPE you used and cite the source below :
Delaneau O, Coulonges C, Boelle PY, Nelson G, Spadoni JL, Zagury JF. ISHAPE: new rapid and accurate software for haplotyping. BMC Bioinformatics. 2007;8:205
6. Any risk associated with using the ISHAPE software at your institution is with you and your Institution. ISHAPE is experimental in nature and is made available as a research courtesy "AS IS," without obligation by CNAM to provide accompanying services or support.
CNAM AND THE AUTHORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES REGARDING THE SOFTWARE, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES PERTAINING TO MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.